Account of my trip - before

As usual, I spent the lead-up weeks to my trip Googling Iquitos and things to do. I made a verbal reservation (nothing confirmed) for a day trip with San Pedro Lodge. Gart, a Dutch guy who works in the lodge, volunteered the day before to accompany me from the airport to the Plaza de Armas, where I was going to go down and check out a few backpackers' hostels.

I was pretty sure that I was going to rough it out, and I was keen to meet other backpackers since they may have tips on where to go.

I was also pretty sure that I'd "find my way" around Iquitos and the jungle areas alone.

I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do - mainly trek the jungle, see the animals, in particular, the manatees and dolphins.

It's important to understand that the aminals in nature don't hang out where humans want them to hang out. So a jungle trek can be disappointing unless you have other things to see and do. Like keeping mosquitoes at bay. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment