The Aftermath

It has been just been a day since I got back from Iquitos and I have written this blog while my memories are fresh so that I can always come back here to relive my experiences there.



I have bought a good collection of handicrafts, which I will put up here at a later time.

I also have a fading mark, made by Rosendo with a fruit of a plant, marking my left hand and wrist.

I am grateful for my guide Rosendo, who went out of his way to make sure I had a good time, and took my considerations in mind. It will be difficult to find another guide like him. I took some time yesterday to help him translate his flyer into English and Mandarin. I hope more tourists in Iquitos can have the opportunity of having a good guide like him to bring them around.

If anyone wants to contact him for tours, his email address is rosendo_20_1 AHT hotmail.com, and his contact number is (51) 965-323-416. The (51) is the international calling code for Peru, and only for those calling from overseas. He speaks both English and Spanish. If you want to look for him, he is usually standing at the Boulevard between Napo and Putomayo, when he isn't leading a tour group out. No, he has not asked me to do this, nor am I paid for it. I just hope that others can have a good time like I had.



Remember the Amazon Basin will change with the seasons, and the seasons and animals there do not accomodate a tourist's schedule. Therefore do plan for a longer trip or to go back again as it is a lovely place and holds many treasures to be discovered.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for writing this helpful and honest advice!

    ReplyDelete